Thursday, October 25, 2007

crit, please





This project has proven to be a problem project for me. I'm not entirely sure where to go with it. I'm beginning to think this is just one of those things I'm in love with, but really should just scrap.

Last class we were told that we need to use feedback from crit as a guide to evaluate things that might need to be reworked in our projects. I felt like the crit of my jeans brochure comp was a checklist of things I needed to change. I did so, but it wasn't enough. I'd like to get some feedback and attempt to improve this brochure.

Maybe some of you non-classmate blog readers can also lend some advice. If you're not in class, this is an accordion fold brochure on boy jeans.

So, what do ya'll (classmates and non) think I could do to improve this brochure.

3 comments:

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

I think the photos didn't upload? They're not showing up for me.

Phil said...

They are not coming up for me either. If you bring it to class I would be more than happy to take a look at it.

Valerie said...

I can see the pictures. I really like your concept and I think you should do everything in your power to not scrap it. I know one thing that was mentioned in crit but bears repeating, is that you need a logo. If you make up something that visually represents boy jeans (by more than just color), and use it in your piece, it might give it more of an identity. Secondly, I think the different typefaces to describe each type of boy are clashing with each other. You've got the pictures to describe the types, so why not just let your headings all look the same? Maybe, to add interest, you can experiment with moving them to a different location on the panel, or maybe overlay them on the picture. If you layer your headings on top of the pictures, maybe the different typefaces will appear to be a part of the pictures, rather than random words fighting with each other, which is how I perceive them now. And lastly, perhaps you can emphasize some words in your copy with a different color, just to add some visual interest. These are just ideas. I hope they help!