Friday, October 26, 2007

your image



I've been trying to design some new business cards for myself, but have been having trouble creating something I really want to stick with. Then I came across this article in HOW magazine. As a designer, I find it hard to settle on a design that represents me. After all, you are trying to get people to let you design something for them. If they don't like your card, it's not a good place to start. I think it's interesting to look at other designers' biz cards.

5 comments:

Content Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Content Blogger said...

Sometimes I feel like I know other people better than myself. It is always easier to design for other people instead of coming up with things on my own or for myself. I've been struggling with my resume. Sometimes it's good to look at other cards but for it to truly represent you perhaps you could treat yourself like a client. Ask (yourself) all the questions you would a client. That should probably give yourself a good starting point. Maybe other people have good advice.

Content Blogger said...

In what issue of HOW did you find this article?

Heather said...

The most recent issue, December, 2007.

Content Blogger said...

Thanks Heather. I just started a subscription so I hope it begins with that issue. Looks interesting.