Thursday, November 1, 2007

behind the scenes




I was working on a design the other day and was trying to decide which of these two pictures to use. When does it really work to used a behind the scenes photo? I think it has to be a situation that lends itself to a real featurey design. Ultimately, I decided to go with the portrait instead of the behind the scenes photo. Mostly for spatial reasons. But even if I had needed a horizontal photo, I don't think the behind the scenes would have been appropriate. Have you ever used a behind the scenes photo in a spread? What were the circumstances?

1 comment:

Content Blogger said...

Well not in a photo spread. I've seen it used in commercials however. OF course, the focus usually on the some fact that happens behind the scenes... just like the new EHARMONY (i think) advertisement. There just has to be a purpose for it being behind the scene.